Monday, September 3, 2007

Pig Roast

Now here's the food picture to beat all food pictures! One whole roasted pig. We also had salad, baked potatoes, and dessert, but they weren't nearly as interesting!
One of the families from our church hosted a pig roast at their farm. We had a great time "pigging out" and playing with all the animals. Janelle went horseback riding, but somehow I missed getting a photo of her on the horse.


You'll notice that most of these pictures are of Calvin with an animal, or playing (that's my friend Dawn pushing him on the swing). There's a reason most of the pictures of of Calvin: this was the first thing since we moved to Beaumont that he's been excited about. He could hardly get to sleep the night before. He absolutely LOVED everything about the farm and he wanted to stay there. One of the girls that lives there is the same age as him and they get along well, and her mom is also becoming one of my good friends here, so we're invited to come back. I'm sure we'll take them up on that offer! It was good to see Calvin behaving like his usual crazy, happy self!


5 comments:

The Lang 6 said...

Awesome 'food' picture Mo!! Its good to see calvin in his natural enviroment - with animals!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Though can't say I cared for the Pig picture - if I saw it head & all roasted I probably wouldn't eat it! LOL!

I'm glad you're all settling in more, but we still miss you and wish we could move too....

Eldon Kelley said...

We had roasted pig once, and we have never had anything so good. Miss seeing you sis.

Kori's House said...

I agree with Paula, although I hear that is the best way to eat Pork!

Perhaps Calvin needs a few of his own farm animals at home?!?!