Thursday, October 11, 2007

Yep, We're Still Alive

I understand if you all stopped checking my blog! I'd give up too if the blog stayed the same for a whole month! I really have no excuse, but I do apologize!
At the moment I can't locate my camera, so this will be a photo-less blog. Here's a few highlights from the last few weeks:
- Emma came to stay with us for about 10 days, which meant we also got to see her parents briefly. We had so much fun with Emma - going to a kids' carnival at our church, jumping on the trampoline, playing at the park, going on the rides at West Edmonton Mall. We miss her and already want her to come back!
- We made new friends! I met a family at the church when they were registering their son for our children's program. After they'd come for three weeks in a row, I thought, "Somebody better invite them over so they feel welcome here!" And I thought that "somebody" should be me. We got along so well with them! I love making new friends.
- The following day we were invited to the home of more new friends, also from the church. They have a beautiful new home on a lake nearby. They own a large acreage with lots of trails and places to explore. We brought our canoe and ended up leaving it there. They can use it any time they want, and it gives us an excuse to invite ourselves over again! They also invited over another couple at the same time - a couple with a baby girl! Aahhh, my baby fix for the day....
- Janelle started a new babysitting job once a week for two little kids. It gives her a steady income of $20 a week.
- I'm totally loving fall in Alberta! It's sunshiny and crisp but not cold, and there are way more deciduous trees here than in Abbotsford, so it's beautiful. I never really cared for fall before, but I like fall here better than summer! Kind of nice not to have rain and wind and clouds. On the missing camera are photos Andy took of our trees in our yard - I'll post them soon.
So there's a bit of an update! Don't give up reading my blog - I promise to be more punctual!

1 comment:

Eldon Kelley said...

Man...what a great active bunch in your Family of God. It is good to hear that you are still alive. I love ya sis. And yes, this side of the Cascades and Rockies is much better in the fall.