Monday, May 19, 2008

Mother's Day

I don't have any photos from my Mother's Day, although I had a lovely day. I do have some photos from May 18th, when we went to Red Deer to celebrate Mother's Day with my mother-in-law, and also celebrate her birthday.
On Mother's Day my daughter woke me up by bringing me breakfast in bed! And not just any breakfast - a 3-egg omelet with onions, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms & cheese, plus toast and juice. Wow! It looked like something I'd order in a nice restaurant! She had walked to the store the day before and bought some of the ingredients with her own money. I was very pleased!
After church we went to brunch at one of the local golf courses. Yum! Andy & Calvin both gave me cards, and Calvin made me a coupon book. Amongst the normal coupons like "Good for one hug", there's one that's good for "One frog hunting". Interesting...
Mother's Day for the last several years has meant spending the evening enjoying the finale of one of my favourite TV shows - Survivor. It was a great, completely relaxing day!
Below are photos of my family & my mother-in-law with her little dog, Millie. We went down to their house and brought all the "fixin's" for a BBQ. It was lots of fun together, and nice for my mother-in-law to be able to relax in her own home rather than going out, but not have to do anything. Both of my kids helped cook mushrooms and make salad without even being asked! I didn't even know Calvin could cook mushrooms, but he did. A really nice day for everyone!


1 comment:

Kelley Kids Ranch said...

Yeah - she writes! Happy Mother's Day.