Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What I Did On My Summer Vacation (A Composition in Six Parts)

Part 4: Victoria
The day after our family reunion Calvin left for Bible camp on Vancouver Island with his good friends Logan & Gabe.
Andy, Janelle & I headed for the island too. Andy had a trailer to chop up in Victoria, and Janelle & I went on a "real" vacation -- sleeping in, eating out, visiting all the tourist traps, shopping, lounging by the pool, having manicures & pedicures....Seven days in my favourite city!
Here's the Lafarge cement plant where Andy chopped up a trailer. I took this photo from a foot ferry that Janelle & I took to a historical house.
Here is my beautiful daughter having afternoon "tea" on the veranda of the Empress Hotel, and posing in front of Craigdarroch Castle. In between is a photo of our most exotic meal -- an appetizer of Louisanna alligator! It was really, really good!

Thursday Andy's brother Chris & his wife Melody came over for the day. Andy took the day off work and we went to the Royal B.C. Museum. The Titanic display there is amazing. We wandered around the inner harbour and ate dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory.
Andy, Janelle & I ended our trip to the island by taking in the firework display at the Butchart Gardens on Saturday night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice food pictures!!